Sunday, April 4, 2010

Bow Down to the Springtime Princess.














We all have those days of sitting and day dreaming, imagining ourselves as love birds, nesting. 
This is the day when I accepted the fact that "reality" is a lot more logical. I realized how much more there is outside of my own life, my own romanticism's. So, I opened those windows, trying my best to escape the cage of my own self serving dreams, absorb the light, and fly forward with the flock's best interests in mind and heart. 

The weather on this particular day was like a fairy tale.

I adore vintage blouses like this one. It feels marvelous on my skin. Silk. Its shape is extremely flattering. Not tight at my arm pits, a little wider, and no shoulder seam. Good colors. Striped pastel, so just needs to be paired with something bolder and solid on the bottom. Only problem was the complications in keeping it tucked in neatly. Eh. 

Okay, so, the skirt. It hits at about my mid calf.  It's length challenges new proportions. 30/70. 

The belt. Good neutral color to mediate and twisted to the back for that sass. Studs for the edge.

How can I forget the shoes? White shoes usually aren't my thing, and wedges are tricky. I'm just lucky because these have a rich texture to them (where as most white shoes look flat) and the wedge is slimmed as it moves toward the back of the shoe, resisting the hulking feel of most others. Plus, the tone of the buckle plays with the belt color.  

All in all, I felt like a refined modern day princess. Now, to my chambers I will retire. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks nice. I love the picture with the fire escape sign.

    Good luck with flying among other birds of your kind!

    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and imaginative as always!

    xox

    www.carmenyee.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave your sass and frass ♥