Saturday, April 10, 2010

Shawl We Proceed?


I've been thinking a lot lately about staples- 
things and people we consider necessities in life.
To me, it's important to recognize the intrinsic value of things and people that we associate ourselves with. It helps us make sense of our existence and brings us closer to a clearer and fuller projection of our inner selves. 
(And I wish there was a way we could all recognize Something in everyone we can associate ourselves with).

James is a former work associate of mine. He's a musician. He is a nomad. He is a free spirit, living according to his own vision with the natural flows of life to guide him. His style is directly correlated to his music. 

This is his staple. It is the focal point of all aspects of his style.


Then, he characterizes himself further by wearing statement pieces. (Statement pieces don't always mean bold, heavy, large accessories that draw maximal attention). 



And on this same day, I wore all of my staples together, while introducing my newest.


Brown tweed Kangal, black/white baseball tee, black shawl cardigan, Levi's acid wash jeans, brown riding boots, and the usual accessories. Now, meet my crocheted shawl. Great addition to my wardrobe now that spring has arrived. Airy enough to wear with dresses during a late breezy afternoon, thick enough to keep me comfortable on nights of outdoor philosophical coffee dates. What does this new shawl say about the progression of my inner self? Hmm. 

1 comment:

  1. Kim,

    I just read your posts, and looked through all the pictures. Your style is amazing, and you look beautiful!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete

Leave your sass and frass ♥